[OS X TeX] BiBTeX problems

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Oct 25 10:00:13 EDT 2006

My main bibliography file is stored in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex

This has worked fine in the past.  Now on a new MacBook Pro, BiBTeX
can't seem to find it.  When I bibtex a file from within TeXShop it
can't find the bib file.  If I put the bib file in the same folder as
the tex file, it works.  If I run bibtex from the command line, it
works (with the bibliography file in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex).

I'm using TeXShop 2.09b.  Since I'm sure that others have similar
setups, this can't be a bug but something peculiar to my setup or
from the transfer from a Powermac to an Intel mac.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491