[OS X TeX] BiBTeX problems

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Oct 26 08:40:18 EDT 2006

At 3:17 AM +0200 10/26/06, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

>Replace in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/bibtexc
>
>the line with set path by
>
>set path= ($path  /usr/local/bin  /usr/local/teTeX/bin/`uname
>-p`-apple-darwin-current)
>

>Then at least my bibtexc macro should work from within TS, maybe
>even TS's bibtex command, but I don't know which shell script TS is
>using.
>
>As a general advice, whoever is using my Applescripts/shell scripts
>on an IntelMac should replace the set path line in the shell scripts
>by the above.

Thanks Claus, this worked.  I should have thought of this, having had
to make the same change to the altpdfxc script to reflect the change
from altpdftex to simpdftex  But this leads to a second question (not
necessarily to you directly, since it's a general TeXShop question).

All of my Macs are multiuser setups.  Your solution will require me
to copy the changed macros to all users, which is ok, but not an
ideal solution. My understanding of the /Library vs. ~/Library setup
on the Mac is that I should be able to put anything accessible to all
users in /Library, but there is no TeXShop folder in /Library.  Will
moving the folder from ~/Library to /Library make those changes
available to all users?

Or alternatively, there seem to be copies of these scripts inside the
TeXShop package itself.  Does making the change there have a global
(or in fact any) effect?

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491