[OS X TeX] a proper encoding for cyrillic

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 08:43:35 EDT 2006

There is a rather puzzling problem

My TeXShop is set for maccyr and I create a document

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1,T2A]{fontenc}
\usepackage[maccyr]{inputenc}

\begin{document}

Некоторый текст по русски

\end{document}

Then it produces correctly looking pdf document. Further if I copy and
paste this text from TeXShop pdf-previewer or from Apple Preview, the
result is also perfect.

However opening pdf into Acrobat or Adobe Reader, copy and paste
results in gibberish. Still using automatic settings in Cyryllic
Clipboard Convertor one can recover a proper text

Is there any way to produce pdf for which AR copy-paste produces a
correct result? probably it is related to options of (fontenc}

Thank you

--
Victor Ivrii, Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto