[OS X TeX] Can't Print Some Maths?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 30 20:02:15 EST 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 30.10.2006 um 22:38 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> When I compile the following code the pdf file looks fine (the
>> wide symbols show just fine) in TeXShop, Preview and even Adobe
>> Reader. When I print it, whether on my Canon i850 (ink jet) or
>> Brother HL-5250DN (monochrome laser) printers the symbols don't
>> print. Do others see this too?
>
> No, my EPSON makes no mistakes – as long as I use the right setup.
>
> Herb, you should check that the PPD file is used in the printer
> setup, and, since there are kind of "variants," it's the file with
> PS or PS3 in the name. Only then PS or PDF code is transferred to
> the printer. In other cases PCL or ESP/2 or such prehistoric code
> is transferred.
>
> Have you rebooted your printer before you asked?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

Howdy,

That was it! I was using the CUPS driver. When I switched to the
Script-3 (Brother's Postscript 3 emulator) it all worked. It takes a
bit more time to print (I've got the memory maxed out so that isn't
what's holding things up) but now I know it's printing everything.

That's two times in two days!!! :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)