[OS X TeX] updmap

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 31 18:01:24 EST 2006

Am 31.10.2006 um 20:20 schrieb Paul Vickers:

> sudo updmap --enable Map gentium.map
>
> It works ok, but I seem to recall from a while back that the
> recommended method of running updmap had changed. I couldn't find
> anything on a search of the archives though. Ok, so the question is
> this: have I used the right command to update the font maps, or is
> there some preferred magic invokation that is better?:-)

Which version of TeX are you using?

I think some time in summer the system of <tool> vs. <tool>-sys was
withdrawn and only 'experts' was given the chance to get <tool> and
<tool>-sys back.

Could you check whether you have the files ~/Library/texmf/web2c/
updmap.cfg and ~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.log and which date and
owner they have? If these files exist and are recent, then you'll
also have MAP files in ~/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap, ~/texmf/
fonts/map/dvips/updmap, and ~/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap. If all
this is true, then you have created MAP files for your account only
and would need to remove them with:

	cd ; sudo rm -rf texmf/fonts/map

Did you run texhash after installing the Gentium files? If not, you
can now invoke 'sudo texhash' and update afterwards the MAP files with

	sudo updmap-sys --enable Map gentium.map

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have
others.
                                         - Groucho Marx