Exceedingly OT - Re: [OS X TeX] tex, pdf, and doc

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Sep 4 17:46:37 EDT 2006

>> [snip]
>
> Since the originator of this discussion is working for medical
> sciences, should not be gerontologists instead of historians? :-)

Well, actually I consider myself the originator (but I am willing to
share this honor with the medic who added the "exceedingly OT" to the
subject.
Anyway: thanks for all the replies.  I guess everybody agrees that
convincing somebody who is really use to the WYSIWYG format of Word
and is not really interested in typesetting and does not have to deal
with equations might be hard to convince to accept Tex, especially if
he wants to mess with your files (as in my case).
Lucky, whoever can refer to standards policies (as Gerben suggested).
That will work for a school in the US, but I came back from UT @
Austin to Germany some month ago ;-( Things are a little different
here...

I guess my question is: has anybody had any problems with publishers
not accepting tex-processed files? I am a little afraid of writing my
thesis with Tex and then discovering that the word-lovers have taken
over even the publishers....

Cheers,
Alex