[OS X TeX]

Paul Fontana fontanap at seattleu.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:03:00 EDT 2006

Well, it turns out restarting TeXShop appears to have resolved the
paths, because now the font works!  Sometimes the old Microsoft
solution still applies.  pdflatex and TeXShop are still using different
versions of the software, but I'm inclined not to mess with that as
long as everything is working.

However, I did notice that if I make a .pdf using pdflatex at the
terminal, and then send it to TeXShop using
open -a "/Applications/TeXShop.app" filename.pdf,

I get a slightly nicer-looking version than if I do the whole thing
(processing and rendering) in TeXShop.  The two .pdf's also look a
little different in Preview, though less-so (the pdflatex document is
lighter in weight), but I can't tell the difference between them when I
print.  (It also makes a slight difference whether TeXShop is set to
typeset in 'Pdftex' or in 'Tex and Ghostscript'.  Does this point to
different distillers?)

My TeXShop settings are:
Path settings:
(pdf)TeX: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
Distiller:  /usr/local/bin

pdfTeX:
TeX program: pdftex --shell-escape
LaTeX program: pdflatex --shell-escape

TeX + dvips + distiller:
TeX program:  simpdftex tex --maxpfb
LaTeX program:  simpdftex latex --maxpfb

Is there a better choise to make the rendering more clear?

Thanks,
-- pwf