[OS X TeX] Simple(?) MacTeX question

Rowland McDonnell rjmm-lists1 at fireflyuk.net
Sun Sep 10 23:01:21 EDT 2006

Hello,

I've got MacTeX installed, and I'm trying to find out what exactly I've
got installed.

I see I've got these things installed:

ImageMagick
fontforge
libwmf
freetype

Could some kind person explain briefly what these things are used for
with MacTeX?  I've tried to find some documentation which explains, but
I've drawn a blank.

Also: I don't seem able to get TeXShop 2.09d to print a dvi file.
Double-clicking (for example) tb1401.dvi (part of the Babel
documentation) gives me a pdf version of the dvi file, but the `Print'
command doesn't do a thing when I try it.  MacOS X 10.4.7, quad G5.
(printing does generally work on that Mac in question).

Does anyone have any ideas what I might try?

Rowland.