[OS X TeX] [OT] (super)size of eps/pdf figures

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Sep 11 07:20:35 EDT 2006

On Sep 10, 2006, at 7:54 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
(regarding Adobe Illustrator)
> How do you remove unused colors etc?

Probably should've said ``swatches''.

Click on the right-pointing triangle button at the top right of the
Swatches pallette, select ``Select All Unused'', click on the
trashcan icon.

> What is this "preview"? I know there is a pull-down  menu for it in
> the save window, however, my illustrator eps files never show a
> finder preview thumbnail, no matter what I choose in the preview
> menu. The resulting file w/o preview is marginally smaller, however.

The preview is a bitmap (or platform-native vector for PICT or WMF
previews when using FreeHand) representation of the image used by
applications which don't have access to a PostScript interpreter when
placing the image on a page.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.