[OS X TeX] Metafont and fount generation

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Sep 12 16:14:37 EDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 20:49 , Rowland McDonnell wrote:

> MacTeX again.
>
> What I'd like to do is to be able to set up Metafont so that it
> generates pk files using two different modes and puts the output it
> creates in a place where it will be kept forever.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find
> documentation so
> I can learn how to do this?

That I do not know, but a general idea is to set the printer mode
with texconfig (command line tool) and then use the font. The pk
files are generated and they are kept in /var/tmp/texfonts in a
standard TeX i-Package setup. Change the mode again and generate
again. They are not removed unless you remove that directory and that
directory has permissions where adding is possible, but removing is
not unless you have admin privileges ('sticky bit')

I'm afraid there is very little documentation on texconfig
("texconfig help" only gives minimal help and TETEXDOC.pdf
likewise) , so this is not what you need. But it's the best I can do.