[OS X TeX] Problem Installing Ibycus4 Fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Sep 13 04:27:28 EDT 2006

Am 13.09.2006 um 02:45 schrieb K. Darcy Otto:

> I have the following .map files that seem to be related to ibycus:
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/source/public/ibycus4/ibycus4.map

This file, above, might never be found, it's in a branch that's only
searched for MF files.

> ~/Library/texmf/tex/generic/ibycus4/ibycus4.map

This file will never be found. It is in a branch were only STY or CLS
(or old TEX) files are searched. (You could delete both, but first
check whether they have the same contents as this third one below.)

> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/ibycus4/iby.map

This looks much better.

>> What is 'grep fibr `kpsewhich pdftex.map`' returning?
>>

> The grep returns:
>
> fibo84 IbycusHTG-Regular ".167 SlantFont" <fibr84.pfb
> fibr84 IbycusHTG-Regular <fibr84.pfb

According to this now it is working: the MAP file is found and it has
entries for dvips or pdfTeX for the TeX font name, that point to a
PFB font file (although no encoding is mentioned/used), and before
this the VF and TFM files were found to compute the words and lines
and paragraphs and pages from the text input.

Is the font really working? Do you see in a viewer or on paper the
Greek text you've input in the TeX source? If not, than an ENC file
for the font would be needed ...

--
Greetings

   Pete                                           0
                                            %-/\_//
                                             (*)(*)