[OS X TeX] Re: Editors: Advantages and disadvantages

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 17 23:18:18 EDT 2006

BBEdit definitely helps on older machines in terms of speed. I'm
using an old 550 MHz Titanium Powerbook with no L2 cache. BBEdit
opens and manipulates documents much faster than any other editor
I've used, including TextMate, and is very satisfying on this
machine. On the other hand, the 117 page (and growing) math document
that I'm working on right now takes over 20 seconds to compile to
PDF, and I'm starting to dream of something faster in my future. Does
anyone here have any experience with LaTeX and a Mac Mini? I'm going
to have a difficult time resolving the Powerbook / Desktop-with-
larger-monitor choice.