[OS X TeX] Collaborative editing using SubEthaEdit?

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 20 13:14:15 EDT 2006

The Aplescript below will do what you want.

Claus

--AppleScript
-- Apply only to an already saved file
-- Claus Gerhardt, September 2006
(*This script refreshes the front text document in TeXShop*)

tell application "TeXShop"
	get path of document of window 1
	set fileName to result
end tell

set {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted,
logName, logPath, rtfName, docName} to setnametsn(fileName)

tell document docName of application "TeXShop"
	refreshtext
end tell

on setnametsn(x)
	set n to (number of characters of contents of x)
	set fileNamequoted to quoted form of x
	set windowName to do shell script "basename " & fileNamequoted
	set m to (number of characters of contents of windowName)
	set dirName to quoted form of (characters 1 thru (n - m - 1) of x as
string)
	set dirNameunquoted to (characters 1 thru (n - m - 1) of x as string)
	set theText to contents of windowName as string

	set n to (number of characters of contents of theText)
	set i to n as number

	repeat while i > 0
		if character i of theText is equal to "." then
			set m to i
			exit repeat
		else
			set i to (i - 1)
		end if
	end repeat

	set baseName to (characters 1 thru (m - 1) of theText as string)
	set texName to baseName & ".tex"
	set namePath to dirNameunquoted & "/" & baseName as string
	set pdfName to namePath & ".pdf" as string
	set rtfName to namePath & ".rtf" as string
	set logPath to namePath & ".log" as string
	set logName to baseName & ".log" as string

	set theFile to POSIX file x as string
	tell application "Finder"
		get displayed name of the file theFile
	end tell
	set docName to result

	return {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName,
dirNameunquoted, logName, logPath, rtfName, docName} as list
end setnametsn