[OS X TeX] BibDesk Autocompletion with \eqref{}

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Sep 21 15:18:43 EDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:56, Michael S. Hanson wrote:

> 	I've noticed an odd occurrence when I attempt to use autocompletion
> with \eqref{} (a feature which was added with version 1.2.6 of
> BibDesk, according to the release notes):  if I type more than 5
> characters within the brackets of \eqref{}, autocompletion does not
> work.  Five or fewer characters, and it works fine.  Autocompletion
> with \ref{} does not seem to vary with the number of characters
> typed.  Can anyone confirm this behavior?  (I've noticed this oddity
> with TeXShop 2.09c and 2.09d.)  Thanks.

I can confirm some of this, since I wrote the code :).  It starts at
the insertion point and looks backwards 12 characters (or to the
beginning of the document, if it's less than 12 characters in length).
Autocompletion with \ref should have a similar limitation, just a bit
larger.  Why 12 characters?  I don't remember.

This is to avoid searching backwards through the entire document to
find the last \ref, the last \pageref, and the last \eqref, and then
comparing locations to see which is nearest the insertion point.  That
could be really slow for a large document.

Adam