[OS X TeX] PS3 printer switches to PCL6

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 23 19:59:52 EDT 2006

Am 23.09.2006 um 22:50 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> Morning.
>
> What could be the reason for that my printer Xerox Phaser 3450 DN
> only if prints from »LaTeX« (TeXShop and pdfetex) oftenly instead
> of printing the document in PS3 switches into PCL6 mode and prints
> a bunch of sheets with lines of letter jam?
>
> But some strings in this letter jam seem to be typically for instance:
>
>   %RBIEndFontSubset ...
>   /TATSLI+TeXPalladioL-SC cguidefix ...
>   /FDTUIT+URWPalladiaL-Bold cguidefix ...
>   /JXKLEE+TeX-feybr10 cguidefix ...
>   /TENSKE+NimbusSanL-ReguItal cguidefix ...
>
> What's the reason?

It looks as if it prints clearer PS or PDF text than you can write ...

How do you find that it's PCL output? Did you tell Mac OS X that your
Xerox is an HP? I know of no other company that uses PCL.

> How can I fix this misbehaviour?

Install the right printer model in Drucker-Dienstprogramm.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
they've always worked for me."
                                           -- Hunter S. Thompson