[OS X TeX] TeXShop and .cfg configuration files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 27 21:36:57 EDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 7:52 PM, AES wrote:

> Because I did a Finder search for RevTeX on my system, which only
> brought up the RevTeX that I had downloaded some time back for use
> with Textures.  (And, incidentally, the journals, as part of their ms
> submission instructions, generally instruct potential authors to
> download
> and use their particular LaTeX packages, like RevTeX and others.)

Howdy,

Unfortunately Spotlight and Finder searches don't look in all
directories! Get the freeware program SpotlightIndexer and tell it to
let Spotlight index /usr/local/teTeX/ after setting the preference to
Force Indexing. This will take some time --- when the barber pole
stops it's done. Then you can use the Find the folders.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)