[OS X TeX] Defining the file name in the tex file

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Sep 28 15:56:13 EDT 2006

The script below should do what you want. I may use it myself.

Claus

(*Have a template file with the correct suffix open in TS, then run
the script, aftter inserting the desired name for saveName. Needs
Flashmode-downloadable.*)

set saveName to "test-save.tex"

tell application "TeXShop"
	get path of document of window 1
	set fileName to result
end tell

set scriptPath to (do shell script "dirname " & "~/Library/Flashmode/
Subroutines/ex")
set scriptPath to scriptPath & "/setnamebbedit_rootn.scpt"
set scriptName to POSIX file scriptPath as alias
set scriptLiB to (load script scriptName)
tell scriptLiB
	set {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted,
logName, logPath, rtfName, docName} to setnamebbedit_rootn(fileName)
end tell

set fileName1 to dirNameunquoted & "/" & saveName
set theLine to 1 as number

set shellScript to "cd " & dirName & ";"
set shellScript to shellScript & "cat  " & docName & " " & ">" & " "
& saveName
do shell script shellScript

do shell script "~/Library/Flashmode/bin/texshopcg " & theLine & " "
& fileName1