[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 1 06:52:32 EDT 2007

Am 01.04.2007 um 08:25 schrieb Eitan Gurari:

> I'm confused.

Me too.

> Can I get the picture Image.foo that shows fine in gv
> when the attached file is compiled with `latex + dvips' and fails to
> be processed under tex4ht.

When the picture is PS and I use \includegraphics*[height=80mm]
{Image}, then:
  • xdvi shows DVI and IDV right
  • HTML is right
  • gv shows PS output from DVI via dvips right

When the picture is EPS and I use \includegraphics*[height=80mm]
{Image}, then:
  • xdvi shows in DVI and IDV only an empty frame
  • HTML is blank
  • gv shows in PS output from DVI via dvips only strings xx and PICT
  • dvips produces a lot of errors when converting File.dvi
  • dvips produces without errors File.ps from File.idv and gv shows
nothing
  • convert complains: geometry does not contain image `zzFile.ps'.

When the picture is EPS and I use \includegraphics*[height=80mm,bb=0
0 328 406]{Image}, then:
  • xdvi shows in DVI and IDV a clipped image
  • HTML shows a clipped image
  • gv shows in PS output a clipped image
  • dvips produces a lot of errors when converting File.dvi
  • dvips produces without errors File.ps from File.idv and gv shows
a clipped image
  • convert does not complain

When the picture is PS and I use \includegraphics*[height=80mm,bb=0 0
328 406]{Image}, then:
  • xdvi shows in DVI and IDV a clipped image
  • HTML shows a clipped image
  • gv shows in PS output a clipped image
  • dvips produces a lot of errors when converting File.dvi
  • dvips produces without errors File.ps from File.idv and gv shows
a clipped image
  • convert does not complain

I'll send you privately the files from this operation plus Image.eps
and Image.png, the origin!

The correctly scaled Image (from Image.ps) has:

   pixelWidth: 279
   pixelHeight: 345
   typeIdentifier: public.png
   format: png
   formatOptions: default
   dpiWidth: 72.000
   dpiHeight: 72.000
   samplesPerPixel: 4
   bitsPerSample: 16
   hasAlpha: yes
   space: RGB

I am a bit puzzled here: 80 mm height (as I can measure on print out)
is 227 pt ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.