[OS X TeX] More otftotfm problems...

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Apr 2 04:12:24 EDT 2007

Le 31 mars 07 à 22:11, Stephen Moye a écrit :

> OK, I think I understand a little, but the question remains: Do I
> say --with-kpathsea=/usr/local/gwTeX/include/kpathsea ?

To be honest, I don't know. Still, I'm not sure you really need to
compile the LCDF Typetools yourself.

The situation re. these tools is confusing. Take otftotfm:

- It's included in the TeXLive-2007 distro of TeX at /usr/local/
texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/otftotfm and /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/
powerpc-darwin/otftotfm.

- It's included in the gwTeX distro of TeX at /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/
powerpc-apple-darwin-current/otftotfm and /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/i386-
apple-darwin-current/otftotfm.

- It's included in the LCDF Typetools i-Package and installed at /usr/
local/bin/otftotfm.

The versions included in gwTeX and TeXLive are the same, 2.48. The
version in the LCDF Typetools i-Package is a bit older, 2.45.

I'm unsure about the role of this package: does it include components
of the LCDF Typetools not included in gwTeX, or is it simply redundant?

Bruno Voisin