[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?
Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Apr 7 07:43:05 EDT 2007
Am 05.04.2007 um 00:25 schrieb Eitan Gurari:
> set picture PSfile="Image.eps" llx=55 lly=68 urx=0 ury=0
> rhi=2267 clip
> set picture PSfile="Image.eps" llx=0 lly=0 urx=328 ury=406
> rhi=2267 clip
... and two different images from the same EPS file are created. It
is latex in DVI output mode that needs to know the bounding box:
! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in Image.png (no
I am beginning to understand now the actual details accompanied with
DVI output format!
• PS and EPS files carry their BoundingBox. PNG, PDF, TIFF, GIF, SVG,
and JPEG don't have exactly that, but their dimensions are recorded
• Therefore LaTeX needs information on the bounding box for PNG, PDF,
TIFF, GIF, SVG, and JPEG graphics files.
• Dvips can handle PS and EPS files.
• Dvipdfm can handle PNG, JPEG, PDF (just as pdfTeX does) and also PS
and EPS, which are converted by external means into PDF.
Using a more complicated picture environment with cases for pdfTeX,
latex, and TeX4ht will cure errors like that above.
“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading
- D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9
------------------------- Helpful Info -------------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
List Reminders & Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/
More information about the MacOSX-TeX