[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Apr 16 12:58:34 EDT 2007

At 10:40 AM +0200 4/16/07, Tobias Sebastian Kuhn wrote:
>Am 16.04.2007 um 05:21 schrieb Michael Millett:
>
>>I was hoping someone on this list has experience using Lilypond
>>(music notation program) with TeXShop, and could help me.
>>

>Look here:
>http://www.dimi.uniud.it/~vitacolo/freesoftware.html#desktoppub
>Scroll down a bit, there are engines, they may work:

Michael, (and Daniel) your original example posted works fine using
the Lilypond.engine from the link posted by Tobias.

(Assuming Lilypond is installed in /Applications)

http://www.dimi.uniud.it/~vitacolo/download/software/latex/Lilypond-LaTeX.engine.txt

Save the file in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines as Lilypond-LaTeX.engine
without the .txt extension.

Open a terminal window and type:

chmod +x ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Lilypond-LaTeX.engine

Quit out of TeXShop (if it's running) and open it up again.

Open your file, and in the pull-down menu that allows you to choose
the engine, you should see Lilypond-LaTeX.  Choose that and then
click on the typeset button.  Your document should appear properly.

If you put

%%!TEX TS-program = Lilypond-Latex

as the first line of your file, TeXShop will choose the engine automatically.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491