[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Apr 17 05:32:15 EDT 2007

Am 16.04.2007 um 17:58 schrieb Daniel Culver:

> Texshop wouldn't run the version with #! /bin/tcsh and I'm not too
> programming savvy but am willing to change things around that are
> easy to put back. I'd still like to continue to try and get this
> working and share my results. I put back tcsh to #!/bin/tcsh and it
> wouldn't run, but, I added \ to the end of the line '#!/bin/tcsh\
> and now Texshop is running until I get to errors like 'paragraph
> ended before \begin was complete.

TeXShop has no built-in and no other reason to prefer one shell
interpreter before the other. Actually the engine files that come
with TeXShop are tcsh scripts.

It's more likely that some of your personal RC files for tcsh might
by faulty. This would show if you invoke in Terminal a simple tcsh.
If this is the case, then it helps to start a shell script or a
TeXShop engine file with

	#!/bin/tcsh -f

Since I tried the engine script with a Lilypond application (Fink
would have installed with lilypond another gigabyte of applications
and I did not want to wait the whole night) *and* I had the Console
application (in /Applications/Utilities) open I could see that the
first ten minutes or such the Lilypond application was scanning the
disk for particularly PostScript font files which were then compacted
into a header file for dvips – otherwise the application might not
work correctly because it is partially not using the installed and
activated TeX distribution.

Continued runs with or without TeXShop work without that time
consuming scanning.

The output looks great!

(One moral is to try something that does not seem to work the first
time at least a second time.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.