[OS X TeX] OT: looking for a public-domain EPS file editor

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Wed Apr 25 07:45:44 EDT 2007

On  25 Apr, 2007, at 06:19, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 25 avr. 07 à 12:35, Axel E. Retif a écrit :
>
>> Image Magick's display. You can try it in your Mac: open X11, in
>> its Terminal open display; a `` Browse and Select File'' window
>> appears; open your EPS file and a new window appears with menus:
>> choose Transform -> Crop (there is a Help for this Crop). Crop the
>> file, open it with Preview and you'll see it's in fact cropped.
>
> Thanks for pointing my attention to display. I wasn't aware
> ImageMagick had a GUI.
>
> Two problems though:
>
> - I was under the impression ImageMagick worked by converting
> everything to bitmaps. What is looked for here is working directly
> on the EPS code, so that the output of the crop operation is a
> vectorial EPS file. Do you mean ImageMagick does this?

Unfortunately, it seems you're right. I've just tried and, even if I
choose EPS as Format in the Save dialog box, the saved image is
turned into a bitmap.

Sorry.

> - Working from display, every time I try to open an eps file I get
> "PostScript delegate failed".

It didn't work for me also at the beginning, but I managed to open a
few files and now it's working fine; but anyway, the bitmap
conversion is the real problem.

Best,

Axel