[OS X TeX] Different versions of epstopdf in mactex re rest of the world?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 29 15:36:01 EDT 2007

Am 29.04.2007 um 17:23 schrieb Daniel Becker:

> Does that mean that "gcc epstopdf.c -o epstopdf" will automatically
> create this file? (Still a bit shy to do that...)

Gcc takes the file epstopdf.c as a C source input file and compiles
it. The option -o determines the name of the output file. The output
file will be an executable by default (having the name a.out if no '-
o <name>' is given) and it will reside in the same directory where
the C source is. So finally you would need to move the output file to
its destination directory:

	sudo mv epstopdf /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin

(There are many more options gcc understands, approximately 1234, and
you can control all phases of compilation and the final step of link
editing with environment variables or arguments like -W
[apl],<options>, where W[apl] means W and one of three letters, which
stand for the target of the options, assembler, preprocessor, or
linker. 'gcc -v --help' gives an overview and names the defaults.
Don't forget to set the gcc version active: 'sudo gcc_select 4.0')

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."