[OS X TeX] Spell checker

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 30 16:11:50 EDT 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 2:49 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> Excalibur is broken, Rick says he has not looked at the code for so
> long that
> he does not know how to fix it. I wrote to him that \verb* blows it
> up and he has acknowledged it.
>
> My book blows up at the line
>
> formulas (see Sections~\ref{S:adjhspace} and~ref{S:binaryRelations}).
>
> GG

Howdy,

Well, it used to work and now it's broken so what changed in the
code? :-)

I'll have to look into whether we should keep Excalibur as part of
the MacTeX distribution.

I have to admit I've been using CocoAspell for along time and like. I
believe wyou can add words to a personal spelling file by right(Ctl)-
clicking on the ``misspelled'' word and choosing ``Learn Spelling''
from the contextual menu but maybe it only remembers it for that
session.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)