[OS X TeX] latex2rtf bug?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 3 15:34:48 EDT 2007

Am 03.08.2007 um 16:54 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:

> Was that supposed to be helpful or snide?

Yes. The software is old.

>> That's the problem with all those "translators:" they're not
>> really up-to-date and some are limited to a number of hard-wired
>> commands ... how can you otherwise translator from A to B when you
>> don't know the mapping? An approach to start from a DVI or PDF
>> file would be simpler, I think.
>
> In my case, latex2rtf allowed me to use LaTeX/BibTeX for my
> dissertation, because my advisor required Word-compatible output
> with /editable/ equations.  Starting with DVI or PDF for each
> revision would have been impossible.

I meant that a translator from DVI or PDF to something else already
exactly knows where a text with which font is placed on some page.
This simple data is easier to handle than to try a translation from
LaTeX with its quite few packages (with some macros and commands in
it) to RTF commands.

--
Greetings

   Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found
ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                           (Blaise Pascal)