[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop 2.14

Markus S youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Mon Aug 20 13:24:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

since 2.13 I have a funny user-related problem (ie, it does not occur
in a new user account):

Since TexShop 2.13, I cannot make the current version of TeXShop the
default application for .tex files any more and in the Terminal the
command 'open -a TeXShop' opens TeXShop 2.12 (which I kept around out
of caution, having renamed it). Just having deleted TeXShop 2.12, the
Terminal command now opens TeXShop 2.10 beta 9, another version I kept
around.

Moving all previous versions into the Trash or zipping them solves the
problem moving them back into the /Applications/TeX folder or any other
folder on my computer, brings it back.

Double-clicking a .tex file always opens in the current version, ie,
the one named TeXShop.app, currently TeXShop 2.14 and until yesterday
2.13. Doing a Get Info on a .tex file shows TeXShop 2.12.app (or now
that I have deleted that TeXShop 2.10 beta 9.app) as the default app. I
can change that to TeXShop.app for individual files and it sticks,
applying this to all files and it reverts back to TeXShop 2.12.app
(MisFox or Default Apps don't fare any better).

This not really an issue since zipping the old applications is an easy
work-around. But maybe a change introduced in version 2.13 is
triggering this, or more likely something is borked in my user account,
I have a couple of other quirks that are 'fixed' by creating a new user
account.

Best,

Markus