[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 1 06:35:55 EST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:36 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007, at 10:34 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>

>> On Nov 30, 2007, at 10:03 PM, Thomas Rike wrote:
>>
>>> I agree it is very explicit, but it isn't working for me.
>>> I have added, using BBEdit.app,
>>> <string>public.plain-text</string>
>>> to the UTTypeConformsTo</key> <array>
>>> After saving: moving TeXShop.app, logging off, shutting down, and
>>> using touch on the command line were all unable to cause Quick
>>> Look to view any of my .tex files as text. Have I missed the
>>> point? Thanks for any advise.
>>
>> That sounds right.  What is the output of the following in Terminal:
>>
>> 1) `mdls /path/to/file.tex`
>> 2) `qlmanage -r /path/to/file.tex`
>
> Oops, getting late here...that last line should be `qlmanage -t /
> path/to/file.tex`.  Running qlmanage -r won't hurt, though.
>
> --
> adam

Howdy,

I just added sty, cls and clo to the extension list array and it
allowed me to view  files with those extensions.

To activate it I ran

sudo qlmanage -r

and logged out and back in (I don't know if the sudo is needed but I
also don't know where the system puts the ql databases). Only files
that have Creator set to TeXs (TeXShop) are viewable since that's the
place I changed the info.plist. I could make other sty files viewable
by opening them and overwriting by doing a Save As... in TeXShop.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)