[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 1 07:25:45 EST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Hello Herbert
> Actually, I'm in a hospital and it's not easy for me to have a good
> connection with my macBook (intel).
> Can you send me what you made in the info.plist of Texshop.
> I tried the code found here : (www.macosxhints.com)
> 10.5: Add Quick Look support for certain file formats
> but without success; perhaps I made a mistake somewhere ...
> Best Regards
> Alain

Ctl(Right)-click TeXShop.app and choose Show Package Contents. Open
the Contents folder. Make a safe copy of the info.plist file (just in
case...) and open that file in an editor that uses UTF-8 (TextWrangler
or BBEdit or...). Replace (or change) the section near the bottom of
that file with

			<string>TeX text file</string>

and save it. Then execute

sudo qlmanage -r

(giving your admin password) in Terminal, logout and back in and Quick
Look should work. Click on a .tex file and press the Space bar and you
should see the text without opening TeXShop.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)