[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 1 07:25:45 EST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Hello Herbert
>
> Actually, I'm in a hospital and it's not easy for me to have a good
> connection with my macBook (intel).
>
> Can you send me what you made in the info.plist of Texshop.
>
> I tried the code found here : (www.macosxhints.com)
>
> 10.5: Add Quick Look support for certain file formats
> but without success; perhaps I made a mistake somewhere ...
>
> Best Regards
>
> Alain

Howdy,

Ctl(Right)-click TeXShop.app and choose Show Package Contents. Open
the Contents folder. Make a safe copy of the info.plist file (just in
case...) and open that file in an editor that uses UTF-8 (TextWrangler
or BBEdit or...). Replace (or change) the section near the bottom of
that file with

	<key>UTExportedTypeDeclarations</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>UTTypeConformsTo</key>
			<array>
				<string>public.text</string>
				<string>public.plain-text</string>
			</array>
			<key>UTTypeDescription</key>
			<string>TeX text file</string>
			<key>UTTypeIdentifier</key>
			<string>org.tug.tex</string>
			<key>UTTypeTagSpecification</key>
			<dict>
				<key>com.apple.ostype</key>
				<string>TEXT</string>
				<key>public.filename-extension</key>
				<array>
					<string>tex</string>
					<string>latex</string>
					<string>ltx</string>
					<string>texi</string>
					<string>ctx</string>
					<string>sty</string>
					<string>cls</string>
					<string>clo</string>
				</array>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</array>

and save it. Then execute

sudo qlmanage -r

(giving your admin password) in Terminal, logout and back in and Quick
Look should work. Click on a .tex file and press the Space bar and you
should see the text without opening TeXShop.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)