[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.14 does not display saved Chinese characters correctly

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:33:23 EST 2007

On 12/5/07, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Try to make a fresh file starting with a blank document and make sure
> it has the
>
> %%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> line before saving it the first time. I've seen problems if I try to
> change the encoding once it has been saved.

Herbert,

The line (with double %%) does help to preserve the Chinese characters when
reopened. The encoding method on saving, however, seem to be ineffective. I
would think the encoding method on saving should do the same trick. Or, this
is a way of implementation to accomplish cross platforms, cross text
editors, ... etc?

Thanks.

JT