[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.14 does not display saved Chinese characters correctly

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 5 17:45:09 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 4:36 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> The situation I am facing now is, to get the characters displayed
> correctly, I have to include the line (%%!TEX ...) at the beginning
> of the document. But when I submit the manuscript to the publisher
> (APS in question), should I include this line as well? Will it cause
> any other side effect on APS' side? [I know the only way to find out
> is to ask APS ... but I would appreciate some comments from the
> point of view of LaTeX.]
>
> JT

Howdy,

The %% are really inconsequential, a single % should work also. That
line is only understood by TeXShop and is a comment as far as TeX
processing is concerned. Hopefully, the publisher knows that the
document is saved with UTF-8 encoding in case they have to manually
set up the encoding in their editor.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)