[OS X TeX] rtf2latex2e problems

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 6 12:22:07 EST 2007

Am 06.12.2007 um 16:04 schrieb George Gratzer:

> An off-topic observation. Your quote -- I believe -- originates
> with Paul Erdos. But the quote is:
> A mathematician is a machine that turns coffee into theorems and
> conjectures.

Thanks George, I'll make a correction! Commonly I just find such
quotes, sometimes I find the author myself, sometimes I need some
help. Erdős Pál makes sense. He's known to have lived on coffee –
and speed, and made quite a few of conjectures.

Wikipedia presents: "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee
into theorems."
	Probably originates from Alfréd Rényi, with whom Erdős frequently

And also: "Television is something the Russians invented to destroy
American education."
Good to know in these times of Pisa studies in the EU!

"There's no place like"
                      origin unknown