[OS X TeX] Stemma using TeXShop

Toke Lindegaard Knudsen toke_knudsen at brown.edu
Thu Dec 6 13:02:51 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> By default TeXShop runs pdflatex on the source file to directly
> convert tex->pdf. Unfortunately, pdflatex doesn't understand
> postscript (ps) figures. The easiest way to tell TeXShop to use the
> alternate tex->dvi->ps->pdf method put the line
>
> %%!TEX TS-program = latex
>
> at the top of your file.

This works, but now I am encountering a different problem.  I am
including scans of pages in my introduction using

   \usepackage{graphicx}

in the preamble and

   \includegraphics{mss_scans/R2_f9v.jpg}

in the body of the text.  However, with this new line added, I get an
error message when the compiler reaches the graphics.  Is there a way
that I can have both postscript and scanned images in the document?

Sincerely,
Toke