[OS X TeX] pdflatexmk: bug or feature

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 7 18:13:39 EST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 5:01 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> Herb,
>
> Forget about DragThing.
>
> I open the tex file, it does not open the pdf file. I normally get
> one by typesetting. With pdflatexmk this does not work.
>
> This is no big deal. I can put in a blank and typeset it then.
>
> GG

Howdy,

Is the pdf file present? When I compile a file in TeXShop its pdf file
appears. If I quit TeXShop and then re-open the tex file, the pdf file
opens in TeXShop's preview too. If the pdf file was removed then
pdflatexmk should detect that and re-compile the source file. All of
that seems to happen here.

Have you done a ``partial'' cleanup of other files (aux, bbl, etc.)?
That might ``confuse'' latexmk. If you do a partial cleanup it's
better to clean everything up.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)