[OS X TeX] help on positioning graphics and text

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Mon Dec 10 03:40:26 EST 2007

Am 10.12.2007 um 07:57 schrieb geetha venkat raman:

> Hi,
> Can I get some help on positioning graphics and text in my file.
> I have four figures in a row in my document and if I try to put some
> lines of text anywhere in between or at the end, mactex seems to move
> the text to somewhere after the first figure.

If you don't need captions, you could write

\includegraphics[width=2in]{example1.jpg} \\
Some Text\\
\includegraphics[width=2in]{example2.jpg} \\
\includegraphics[width=2in]{example3.jpg} \\

i.e. the image is not part of a float environment like in

\begin{figure}[htbp] %  figure placement: here, top, bottom, or page
    \caption{example caption}