[OS X TeX] Loss of Greek Porson font functionality

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Dec 10 17:46:56 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 4:05 PM, David Derbes wrote:

> Thanks, Pete, but the file porsonel.enc is in the folders as told me
> by Antonis, and I can open the files with TextMate. In fact in an
> act of desperation I put it into two of the texmf trees,
> texmf.local and texmf.tetex. No change.
> Ran DiskWarrior, repaired permissions, installed 10.4.11, repaired
> permissions, re-ran texhash, you name it...
> I'm flummoxed.
> I'm going to try to install the font on my laptop. I suppose I could
> reinstall MacTeX.
> Best wishes,
> David Derbes
> U of Chicago Lab Schools

How old is your teTeX system? At some point the places you put files,
especially font related files, changed. It might be worth updating to
gwTeX or MacTeX; the former is very nice subset of TeX Live 2007 while
the latter is a full TeX Live 2007 distribution.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)