[OS X TeX] Staying up to date with programs Gerben used to maintain

Richard Sperling rsperling at mac.com
Wed Dec 12 21:11:05 EST 2007

My apologies if this message is a duplicate.

In the subject I'm referring to programs, like Ghostscript, that
Gerben used to maintain with i-installer. The last version I have
through i-installer is 8.57. But I installed Ghostscript with
MacPorts and it's up to version 8.61. I'm thinking of removing all
the i-installer programs and just compiling from source.

Please note that I'm not criticizing Gerben. He did a fantastic job.
I'm only wondering how other people are staying current with the
programs Gerben used to maintain.

Thanks,
Richard