[OS X TeX] files in ~/Library/texmf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Dec 18 17:33:53 EST 2007

Am 18.12.2007 um 22:26 schrieb Alan Munn:

> Taking out that line from my .cshrc solves the problem. (Although
> doesn't explain the TeXShop behaviour that was solve by restarting
> TeXShop).

TeXShop and all other applications in Aqua do not read "dot RC" files
(therefore you need to teach it it where the TeX and the PS distiller
programmes are). And that's also true for processes like *tex that
TeXShop starts, directly. The engine files, OTOH, which are simple
shell scripts, /can/ read such "dot RC" files – so they exist. And
the #! line of the engine script does not stop them doing so!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?