[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 26 17:34:09 EST 2007

On Dec 25, 2007, at 10:53 PM, Thomas Rike wrote:
> Yes, it is quite possible, but I am in over my head. I spent several
> hours looking at the results of before and after rebuilds:
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -
> dump
>
> and could not really determine what was happening.
>
> I am now using QLColorCode.qlgenerator plugin which is now set up to
> import org.tug.tex and color code the Quick Look. (QLColorCode has
> also now switched to "highlight")

On Dec 26, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Gedalin Michael wrote:

Would you like to send me offlist the output of the command

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -
dump > list.txt

(just the file list.txt). I use QLColorCode.qlgenerator plugin and now
everything works. I wonder what may take over the TeXShop definition
on your mac.

Michael, thanks, ever so much for pursuing this with me. (Sorry ab out
the blocked message.) Now I don't have to send you the text files.
Until I read your message, I didn't know how to get a text file copy
of a dump from the command line, so I have just been using the
primitive Command F to search in the terminal. I made a text file
(which btw is encoded in Western (Mac OS Roman)) before and after a
rebuild of launch services database and found the culprit. In /Library/
Spotlight under the auspices of com.apple.local-library (0x800162a8)
there was another TeX.mdimporter which must have come back with the
archive and install of Leopard. Since TeX.mdimporter is now located in
the TeXShop package contents, I trashed this one and I have no
problems with Quick Look. Thanks again to everyone who has made
suggestions along the way.

Tom Rike