[OS X TeX] Full page image as cover

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 07:15:27 EST 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:27:31 +0100, Manuel wrote:

> Good morning, all. After installing TexShop 2.14 on OS 10.4.11, and
> also after getting over some initial confusion and perplexities, I
> managed to produce my first article with TeX. I love it. For my
> second, I need to have an image occupy the whole first page, with no
> margins or text whatsoever, then a blank page, then the page with the
> title, author, etc.

Here's an example you can run. It does not require knowledge of page or
margin dimensions.

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{eso-pic,graphicx}
\title{Hello World!}
\author{Abigail}
\begin{document}
\AddToShipoutPicture*{%
   \AtPageLowerLeft{%
     \includegraphics[height=\paperheight,width=\paperwidth]{PC280089}%
   }%
}
\pagestyle{empty}\mbox{}% for this empty page
\cleardoublepage
\maketitle

\pagestyle{headings}

Today, I was born.