[OS X TeX] TeXShop ignores tab width setting

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at mac.com
Sat Dec 29 11:53:43 EST 2007

(MacOS X 10.5.1, TeXShop 2.14)

I've set the tab width in the preferences of TeXShop to 2 characters
width. In ~/Library/Prefernces/TeXShop.plist I can find:

But if I open a new window and enter tab, the cursor jumps to a 4
When I now again enter tab, the triangels in the ruler line double
their distances from each other and the cursor jumps to a 4 character
width position. But now comes the strangest:

When I click into the »styles« pull down menue and choose default and
enter tab again the cursor jumps to a 2 character width position.

Why that? Why does not the cursor jumps under *all* circumstances to a
2 characters width if so predefined in the preference panel?

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

»Der Jammer mit den Menschen ist, dass die Narren so selbstsicher sind
und die Vernünftigen so voller Zweifel.« (Bertrand Russel)