[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 1 10:23:45 EST 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 3:37 AM, Roberto Avanzi wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2007, at 22:30, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> I believe you can make it the default by adding
>>
>> export GS_OPTIONS="-dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>>
>> to both .bash_profile (for a login bash shell) and .bashrc (for a
>> non-login bash shell) and
>>
>> setenv GS_OPTIONS "-dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>>
>> in .cshrc (is this only login?).
>>
>> These files should be in your home directory.
>
> Done that.  Logged out and logged back in to make sure the
> environment variables were set.  Result: did not work :(
>
>  Roberto

Howdy,

Hmmmm... Try running the file through TeXShop's Tex+Ghostscript with
the Save Postscript File option checked in TeXShop->Preferences-
 >Engine->TeX + dvips + distiller checked; this will save the ps file
after the run. I assume the pdf produced will be, incorrectly, rotated.

Then go into Terminal and cd to the directory where the ps file is
and invoke

ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None file.ps

where file.ps is your generated and saved postscript file. Is this
file ok?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)