[OS X TeX] Hyperref breaking

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 1 15:31:42 EST 2007

> >> Don't you need to escape the underscores each with a
> >> backslash? To me this does not look much like maths ...
> >
> > They are escaped automatically when they appear in the
> > argument of \url or \href (so are ~ and the such).
>
> For me only the underscores in the \href{…} part are automatically
> escaped (as those in \url{…}, of course), but not the text after \href
> {…}. It would be bad software (\href, \url) that would not escape
> those characters usually found in an URL ...

	Hmm.  But is there a way to get the URLs broken at slashes and
periods and such?  I can't even get that.  Pete's original suggestion
worked, but only at the underscores, so the URLs still run off the
page....

-N
----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel