[OS X TeX] Bad line in gtamacfonts.map (MacTeX)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 6 09:22:55 EST 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:15 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2007, at 11:59 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> The gtamacfonts.map file should  not be activated in updmap.cfg at
>> all. GTAmacfonts only works in pdfTeX and is activated through
>> pdfTeX primitives in the ConTeXt and LaTeX setups.
>>
>> The TeX i-Package makes sure gtamacfonts.map is deacivated in
>> updmap.cfg

> Howdy,
>
> I am not having any problem here with the updmap.cfg having
> gtamacfonts.map in  updmap.cfg.
>
> The only message I get is when running pdflatex. There is a
> duplicate line:
>
> pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file /usr/local/gwTeX/
> texmf.gwtex/fonts/m
> ap/pdftex/gtamacfonts/gtamacfonts.map): fontmap entry for `ts1-
> OptimaRegular' a
> lready exists, duplicates ignored
>
> and it appears the
>
> ts1-OptimaRegular Optima-Regular 4 <OptimaRegular.ttf lm-ts1.enc
>
> line in gtamacfonts.map is duplicated. Is it ok to just comment the
> second one out for now?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Howdy,

Sorry for the reply to my own message.

I just noticed that the problem Mr. Cho was talking about is with the
older teTeX based distribution.

The duplicate line warning I'm getting with pdflatex is with a
duplicate line in the gtamacfonts.map with the latest gwTeX
distribution.

PS: Thanks for the update; marvosym is now completely updated.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)