[OS X TeX] LinkBack/LaTeX on Mac OS X Feedback

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 6 13:32:44 EST 2007

Am 06.02.2007 um 18:34 schrieb King Chung Huang:

> I am interested in finding out if the Mac LaTeX users here would be
> interested in seeing Apple doing something with LaTeX in Mac OS X,
> or would you rather Apple leave it alone and defer to the current
> community-based efforts?

I'd prefer to see something like the Apple NTP servers: a powerful
mirror of CTAN to easily and fast get TeX sources (including those of
the executables) via rsync, cvs, svn ...

I am sure an Apple TeX would not be much up-to-date and it would be
updated as often as X11: every few years.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9