[OS X TeX] bookmark problem with DVIPDFM(x)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 7 03:34:58 EST 2007

Le 7 févr. 07 à 08:21, Jin-Hwan Cho a écrit :

> It is possible to insert bookmarks with DVIPDFM(x) as well as
> DVIPS and pdfTeX. With \usepackage[dvipdfm,bookmark]{hyperref}
> bookmarks can be generated automatically with DVIPDFM(x).
>
> Even though the bookmark worked well in Adobe Reader, it did not
> work on Preview.
>
> The reason is in the hdvipdfm.def file in the hyperref package.
> The line 64 looks as follows:
>
>   \@pdfm at mark{dest (#1) [@thispage /\@pdfview\space @xpos @ypos]}%
>
> After modifying the line as follows
>
>   \@pdfm at mark{dest (#1) [@thispage /\@pdfview\space @xpos @ypos
> null]}%
>
> you can get bookmarks working with Preview as well as Adobe Reader.

Many, many thanks. By applying this fix, it is now possible to get
with XeTeX + xdvipdfmx bookmarks working not only in Adobe Reader but
also in Preview and TeXShop. Very convenient for navigating in a long
document while working on it.

The bookmarks still don't work with XeTeX + xdv2pdf, but I'm not too
surprised, given xdv2pdf isn't really (and never pretended to be) (x)
dvipdfm(x).

Bruno Voisin