[OS X TeX] hyphenation in longtable

Chabot Denis chabotd at globetrotter.net
Fri Feb 9 14:34:04 EST 2007

Hi,

Still working on my report in French. Hyphenation is done properly in
the document, but I notice that my longtable has no hyphenation. Too
bad because columns are narrow and many words are long, causing a lot
of very short lines and a greater than necessary number of lines per
cell.

Presently the table is in a different file, called like this

\input{Tableau_descr_ZIEB.tex}

I thought that the instructions to hyphenate (which I never issued,
happens by default, fortunately) should continue to the content of
that file, no? So it must be that inside longtable it does not
happen, at least not automatically.

Everything is in french, with babel taking care of most things
automatically (except here).

Any help would be appreciated,

Denis
p.s. please cc to me as I get this list as a digest