[OS X TeX] hyphenation in longtable

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 13 11:12:17 EST 2007

Le 13 févr. 07 à 16:27, Chabot Denis a écrit :

> I prepared a short tex file including extracts from two longtables
> I have in my document.

I don't have time to try your files for the moment, but here are a
couple of general observations for now:

- In tables I've found at times \tabularnewline to be more robust
than \\.

- Rather than LaTeX's \\[vertical-skip], I've occasionally found that
TeX's \noalign primitive works more reliably. Namely, replace

	\\[15pt]

by

	\\ \noalign{\vspace{15pt}}

- As a last resort, for example when you want to interrupt a vertical
rule in a table, you may use TeX's \omit primitive, as in, for a 4-
column table,

	\omit\vrule height15pt\hfil & \omit & \omit & \omit \\

(I'm not sure the \hfil is necessary here, I'm pasting this from an
old document of mine.)

I'll try to look at your examples tonight. Don't hold your breath
though.

Bruno Voisin