[OS X TeX] pstricks/memoir incompatibility?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Feb 16 11:16:47 EST 2007

Am 16.02.2007 um 14:06 schrieb Ingo Reich:

> I just switched to TeXLive 2007 (mactex version from 12.2.07). As
> it turns out, there seems to be some incompatibility between
> pstricks and memoir. In a simple document the latex stops after
> having loaded dvips.def with the message
>
> <snip>  ..........  dvips.def))
> ! Missing \endcsname inserted.
> <to be read again>
> \relax
>
> Any ideas?

Dvips.def has nothing to do with memoir and it has nothing to do with
PS-Tricks. It is related to the graphics/graphicx packages set. The
file name ends at two )) – so one important package was completely
loaded here and another one had still not finished. And it must be
that one which is failing.

Try to comment all PS-Tricks packages and all PS related source code
and see what happens. Best save the original LOG file to be able to
compare loading of files! If the error goes away than it's likely
that PS-Tricks and memoir might have a problem and you should then
better report to Herbert Voß ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

In Deutschland kann es keine Revolution geben, weil mensch dazu den
Rasen betreten müsste. (Joseph Stalin)