[OS X TeX] New Packages for Feb 12

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 20 09:23:17 EST 2007

Le 20 févr. 07 à 12:36, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :

> No, this doesn't change anything.
>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:46:26 +0000, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>> On 20 Feb 2007, at 9:18 am, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>>> I know, TeXShop is just a front-end for processing programs like (im
>>> my case) …
>>>
>>> #!/bin/tcsh
>>>
>>> set path= ($path /usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current
>>> /usr/local/bin)
>>> texmfstart texexec  "$1"
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> BTW, with the newest distributions, the recommended approach is to
>> use /usr/texbin as the path for TeX-related binaries; see the
>> documentation about the TeX Distributions pref panel, paths, etc.

Did you follow Jonathan's advice to replace

/usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current

by

/usr/texbin

The first path cannot work with recent TeX installs: with gwTeX the
actual path is now

/usr/local/gwTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current

and with TeXLive-2007

/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin

The symlink /usr/texbin is set at install time and covers both cases.

Bruno Voisin